The Advanced Electronic Document and Records Management Systems (EDRMS) training is designed to deliver advanced concepts in document and records management. Many organisations have embarked on implementing EDRMS systems, with varying degrees of success. This course is designed for records and IT staff that have implemented or are in the process of implementing systems, and are seeking to extract the most value from these systems for their organisations. Attendees should have a solid understanding of records management and EDRMS fundamentals.
Duration: 3 Days
Course Fees: R9,500.00 excluding VAT.
Download the Advanced Electronic Document and Records Management brochure
The course will achieve the following objectives:
- Provide a consistent understanding as to what EDRMS and ECM systems are, and highlighting the differences between them
- Position ECM and Knowledge Management in a cohesive framework
- Provide a framework for developing a business case for implementing EDRMS or ECM systems
- Provide generic (non-vendor-specific) EDRMS solution design methodologies
- Provide detailed policy and procedures frameworks
- Equip delegates to be able to create their own communications plan for the EDRMS/ECM implementation
- Equip delegates to implement a trustworthy Imaging system
- Show the differences and interrelationships between data and documents or records
- Enable delegates to build metadata schema for their organisations
- Equip delegates to understand and prepare for managing e-mail as a record
- Establish an e-discovery framework
- Conduct an analysis of work processes that generate or capture records
- Establish a plan for digital preservation
- Establish the necessary Governance structures.