What is CIP?
AIIM created the CIP to recognize information professionals who have proven they have the skills to protect and manage information and develop organization-wide strategies based on established methodologies and industry best practices.
The CIP credential focuses on five critical areas that comprise Intelligent Information Management:
- · Creating, capturing, and sharing information
- · Extracting intelligence from information
- · Digitalizing information-intensive processes
- · Automating governance and compliance
- · Implementing an information management strategy and solution
To obtain a CIP credential, an information management professional must pass a proctored, 100-question exam. The exam is multiple-choice. It is available online and candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam. A passing score is 60% or higher.
The CIP exam was created by thought leaders in the field of information management based in real-life situations to help CIP credential holders and their organizations stand out in today’s information-driven world.
The job market for information professionals is expected to grow 16% by 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations, according to the US Dept. of Labor. That’s about 48,500 new positions in computer and information systems managers projected each year, on average, over the decade. With information professionals in high demand, earning a CIP will differentiate your skills and dedication to the field.
Organizations that manage their information more effectively enjoy reduced costs, faster time to market, increased revenues and cash flow, and increased business agility.
Organizations around the world have supported their employees in becoming CIPs to cultivate knowledgeable internal champions and leaders. The CIP is an on-ramp for your team to learn best practices and key skills required for managing a robust, sustainable information management program.
For the practitioner, the CIP differentiates you and establishes your credibility as an expert in information management.
"Having the CIP gives my internal customers and partners a certain level of confidence that whatever strategy or solution I propose is based on best practices and experience," explained Hemaben Patel, an ECM Lead for a large international airline.
The COR Concepts CIP Exam Preparation
- We help you prepare for the exam through a 5 day instructor-led programme to make sure you have the necessary knowledge.
- We work through the CIP Study Guide which is also available within the AIIM+ Pro library. This step-by-step guide to the CIP body of knowledge provides the context for the questions asked on the exam.
- When you register for our course we register you for your first year as an AIIM + Pro member which gives you access to a range of additional materials and training courses that cover the body of knowledge that makes up the CIP exam.
- A free 100-question CIP Practice Exam to assess your strengths and weaknesses.
- We assist you in registering for the exam.
Please note that the study guide and curriculum are under review. Once the new curriculum is published, we will advise you as to what changes there are, and ensure you have the knowledge to pass the new exam.
Become one of the first people worldwide to become awarded the new CIP Certification.
Download the CIP Exam Preparation Brochure.